On Thursday 14th October, Prep to Year 2 will be involved in the Braveheart’s Ditto’s Keep Safe Adventure! Education Program. The Ditto Show has been educating Australian children since 2006, providing them with personal safety tools and strategies while supporting positive self-esteem and resilience-building.
The Ditto Show is a live, interactive 35 minute performance starring Braveheart's mascot 'Ditto.' It includes songs, dance, and easy-to-remember messages about personal safety. These songs and messages were written by Bravehearts' professional educators and child psychologists and are developmentally appropriate for your child's age group.
What your child will learn
The show is underpinned by the following six principles of personal safety:
● Differentiating 'yes' and 'no' feelings
● Recognising the bodies 'warning signs'
● Identifying 'private parts' and 'privacy'
● Helping children identify language and feelings associated with secrets
● Reinforcing that there is no secret that children cannot tell someone
● What to do if you feel unsafe or unsure
Permission forms need to be completed and return to the class teacher by Wednesday 13th October.
You can find out more about the program by visiting https://bravehearts.org.au/keepsafe or calling Bravehearts on 07 5552 3000.